Globalizationperspectives from central and eastern Europe[electornic resources]
- au: edited by Katalin Fâabiâan.
- Publish: Bingley, U.K. : Emerald 2007.
- 出版年: 2007
- cu: Contemporary
- sb: Business & Economics Econometrics , Globalization , Political Science , Political Science Globalization , Econometrics , Business & Economics
- ISBN: 1849505101 , 9781849505109
- ISSN: 1569-3759 ;
- ps: 99年度中區共購共享電子書 Introduction : perspectives on globalization from central and eastern Europe / Katalin Fâabiâan -- On Europe's edge : changing borders in central and eastern Europe / Margit Bessenyey Williams -- Globalization,regionalization, and Europeanization : impact and effects on polish policy-making /Maria Raquel Freire, Teresa Cierco -- Globalization and national interest in EU enlargement : the case of Germany and Poland / Randall E. Newnham -- Central and eastern Europe in the process of globalization and Europeanization : comparing the Czech Republic and Poland / Bretislav Dancâak, Vâit Hlouések -- Supraterritoriality, embeddedness, or both? Foreign direct investment in central and eastern Europe / Nina Bandelj -- Norm diffusion in central and eastern Europe's domestic violence policies/ Katalin Fâabiâan -- Europeanization and the equal opportunities policy in Slovenia / iva Humer -- Global civil society andpolicy integration : the marginalization of Polish and Czech environmentalmovements in the face of technocratic European governance / Lars K. Hallstrom -- Neo-liberal supraterritoriality? The impact of economic liberalization on globalization in central and eastern Europe / Petia Kostadinova -- Economic and social integration from labor's point of view : the EU and the central and eastern European countries / Susan Glanz
- ab: Globalization studies are rapidly filling many a library shelf, and understandably so. The geographical shift in contemporary history towards a more global world is not only significant in its own right, but also interrelates closely with other principal social changes concurrently unfolding,for example, in respect of economy, governance, identity and knowledge. As a result, research builtaround a theme of globalization offers among the most promising avenues to develop a wide-ranging coherent systemic perspective on societal trends today. Hence, the present book on globalization in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) is especially welcome.Between these covers specialists on these countries researchers who are moreover mostly born of the region itself offer probing examinations of the intersections of transplanetary relations with cultural, ecological, economic, historical, political and psychological circumstances particular to this part of the world. The authors thereby adeptlyput into practice the so-called glocalization principle that globality is never divorced from the particular place of its expression. Collectively, the chapters make an important inroad into deficitsin globalization research regarding Central and Eastern Europe. Some other area studies research ispublished with an eye-catching reference to globalization in the title but actually says little on that subject. Not so here.This book does consistently and carefully address issues of growing transplanetary connectivity, effectively teasing out connections betweenglobalization, regionalization andnational experiences in CEE. Moreover, by accepting the challenge of publishing in English the researchersmake their accounts more available to readers beyond the countries concerned. Having made this generous overture, it is for globalization generalists, as well as specialists on globalization inother parts of theworld, to grasp the opportunity to digest the work presented here and make warranted adj
- URL: Connect to Emerald resource
- ref_id: 000219077
- type: 電子書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結