Micro-simulation in actionpolicy analysisin Europe using EUROMOD[electornic resources]
- au: edited by Olivier Bargain.
- Publish: Bingley, U.K. : Emerald 2006.
- 出版年: 2006
- cu: Research
- sb: Europe , Business & Economics Economics , Social Science , Economics , General , Labor economics , Labor supply , Economic theory , Business & Economics , Social Science General
- ISBN: 1849504423 , 9781849504423
- ISSN: 0147-9121 ;
- ps: 99年度中區共購共享電子書 Preface / Olivier Bargain -- A Short introduction to EUROMOD : an integrated European tax-benefit model / Christine Lietz, Daniela Mantovani -- Family transfers and child poverty in Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal / Manos Matsaganis, Cathal ODonoghue, Horacio Levy, Manuela Coromaldi, Magda Mercader-Prats, Carlos Farinha Rodrigues, Stefano Toso, Panos Tsakloglou -- Assessing the impact of tax/transfer policy changes onpoverty : methodological issues and some European evidence / Tim Callan, Kieran Coleman, John Walsh -- Fiscal drag : an automatic stabiliser?/ Herwig Immervoll -- Implicit social preferences and fiscal reforms :a microsimulation analysis for Spain / Amedeo Spadaro -- Pension incomes in the European Union : policy reform strategies in comparative perspective / Daniela Mantovani, Fotis Papadopoulos, Holly Sutherland, Panos Tsakloglou -- The distribution effects of taxes on pensions and unemployment benefits in the EU-15 / Gerlinde Verbist
- ab: This volume contains eight contributions aimed to advance policy analysis using the European tax-benefit micro-simulation model, EUROMOD. Microsimulation allows computing the whole set of taxesand benefits of a country and the resulting budget constraint for each household of a representative dataset. Thus, it can be used to evaluate how existing fiscal policies alter inequality, poverty and the overall income distribution. In addition, the simulation of financial incentives considerablyimproves the econometric estimations of labor supply behaviors, fertility choices, and marital decisions, thereby allowing better prediction to policy changes. EUROMOD goes once step further in the process of helping policy design: based on homogenized datasets and harmonized definitions of tax-benefit instruments, it allows to perform comprehensive international comparisons of EU-15 countries and to evaluate the optimality of tax-benefit policies. For instance, one can assess the effect of acommon reform in particular institutional settings or the transmissionof a tax-benefit system from onecountry to another. After an introductory chapter that present the history and the scope of the EUROMOD project, seven chapters on different policy issues follow. Among the discussed themes are: the relevance of the British tax credit to encourage female employment in continental Europe, the impactof hypothetical childbenefits on child poverty in Southern Europe, the variety of effects of the same standard pension reform once implemented in different European countries, the role of the fiscal drag as an automatic stabilizer and its effect on labor costs, the revelation of social preferences from actual implicit tax rates. It aims to advance policy analysis using theEuropean Tax-benefit Model. It evaluates how existing fiscal policies alter inequality, poverty and the overall income distribution. It investigates how financial incentives considerably improve the econometric estimations of la
- URL: Connect to Emerald resource
- ref_id: 000218673
- type: 電子書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結