The economics of immigration and social diversity[electornic resources]
- au: edited by SolomonW. Polachek, Carmel Chiswick, Hillel Rapoport.
- Publish: Bingley, U.K. : Emerald 2006.
- 出版年: 2006
- cu: Research
- sb: Business & Economics Labor , Labour economics , Economics , Labor supply United States , Business & Economics Economics , Labor , Migration, immigration & emigration , Labor economics , Labor supply , Business & Economics
- ISBN: 1849503907 , 9781849503907
- ISSN: 0147-9121 ;
- ps: 99年度中區共購共享電子書 Is immigration good or bad for the economy? Analysis of attitudinal responses / Christian Dustmann, Ian Preston -- The effects of incomplete employee wage information : a cross-country analysis/ Solomon W. Polachek, Jun (Jeff) Xiang -- The linguistic and economic adjustment of soviet jewish immigrants in the United States, 1980-2000 / Barry R. Chiswick, Michael Wenz -- Multi-generation model of immigrant earnings : theory and application / Joseph Deutsch, Gil S. Epstein, Tikva Lecker -- Ethnic origin and multidimensional relative poverty in Israel : a study based on the 1995 Israeli census / Joseph Deutsch, Jacques Silber -- Immigrants in the Israeli hi-tech industry : comparison to natives and the effect of training / Sarit Cohen-Goldner -- What do wage differentials tell about labor market discrimination? / June E. O'Neill, Dave M. O'Neill -- Cultural diversity, status concernsand the organization of work / Chaim Fershtman, Hans K. Hvide, Yoram Weiss -- Ethnic diversity, market structure and risk sharing in developing countries / Mohamed Jellal, Yves Zenou -- On the law ofreturn in rural-urban interactions : aneconomic approach to solidarity with return migrants / Carine Drapier,Hubert Jayet, Hillel Rapoport -- An economic perspective on religious education : complements and substitutes in a human capital portfolio / Carmel U. Chiswick -- The impact of immigrant dynasties on wage inequality / Michael Ben-Gad -- Does immigration affect labor demand? Model and test / èOrn B. Bodvarsson, Hendrik Van den Berg -- Lenient policy proposal for the struggle against illegal immigration / Nava Kahana, TikvaLecker
- ab: This volume is a collection of papers dedicated to the memory of thelate Tikva Lecker. Professor Lecker's many interests included topics in labor economics, women and the economy, the economicsof Judaism, theeconomics of migration and every aspect of the economic experience of immigrants andtheir descendants. Each chapter in this volume honors the memory of Professor Lecker by presenting research on a topic in whichshe was especially interested. The Research in Labor Economics series was started in 1977. Each volume consists of a collection of refereed research papers written by top economists. Recent volumes have hosted papers from D. Acemoglu, J.D. Angrist, D. Card, H. Farber, A. Kreuger, E.Lazear, G. Field, and J. Mincer, among others
- URL: Connect to Emerald resource
- ref_id: 000218672
- type: 電子書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結