Basic biostatistics for geneticists and epidemiologists :a practical approach
- au: Robert C. Elston, William D. Johnson.
- Publish: Chichester, U.K. : John Wiley & Sons 2008.
- 出版年: 2008
- sb: Data Collection , methods , Genetics, Medical , Biometry methods , Epidemiologic Methods , Biometry
- ISBN: 0470024909 , 0470024895 , 0470024909 , 0470024895 , 9780470024904 , 9780470024898 , 9780470024904 , 9780470024898
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index Introduction : the role and relevance of statistics, genetics and epidemiology in medicine Populations, samples, and study design Descriptive statistics The laws of probability Random variables and distributions Estimates and confidence limits Significance tests and tests of hypotheses Likelihood ratios, Bayesian methods and multiple hypotheses The many uses of chi-square Correlation and regression Analysis of variance and linear models Some specialized techniques Guides to a critical evaluation of published reports
- URL: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/fy0903/2008038609.html
- ref_id: 000213359
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
This Book: Written at an elementary mathematical level so that readers with high school mathematics will find the content accessible. Graduate students studying genetic epidemiology, researchers and practitioners from genetics, epidemiology, biology, medical research and statistics will find this an invaluable introduction to statistics.