Using whole body vibration in physical therapy and sport :clinical practice and treatment exercises
- au: Alfio Albasini, Martin Krause, Ingo Volker Rembitzki ; foreword by Martha R. Hinman.
- Publish: Edinburgh ;New York : Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier c2010.
- 出版年: 2010
- sb: Sports Medicine , methods , Sports Medicine methods , Vibration , Vibration therapeutic use , therapeutic use , Physical Therapy Modalities
- ISBN: 0702031739 , 9780702031731
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index
- ref_id: 000202235
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
This innovative new manual demonstrates the application of vibration technology to the treatment of pathologies such as osteoporosis, osteopenia, stroke and different musculoskeletal disorders. It covers pathology on the upper and lower extremities as well as the whole spine. New treatment strategies are practically and logically presented with recommended exercises and accompanying instructions that can be applied using the vibration platforms. Rationale is given for selected vibration frequencies, amplitudes and modes for the duration and frequency of the exercise session. The manual is grounded in evidence underpinned by a thorough literature review (including a balanced view of both pros and cons) and clinical cases. The authors present clinical treatment parameters that are evidence-based and have supportive physiological rationale that is consistent with the nature of the pathology being treated. The text is further supported by online access to over 35 video clips demonstrating the possible treatment exercises.