Ocular angiogenesis :diseases, mechanisms, and therapeutics
- au: edited by Joyce Tombran-Tink and Colin J. Barnstable.
- Publish: Totowa, N.J. : Humana Press c2006.
- 出版年: 2006
- cu: Ophthalmology
- sb: Neovascularization, Pathologic physiopathology , Eye Blood-vessels -- Growth , Eye Diseases physiopathology , Eye Diseases , physiopathology , Neovascularization , Eye Diseases -- Pathophysiology , DiseasesPathophysiology , Eye , Eye Diseases therapy , Neovascularization, Pathologic therapy , therapy , Blood-vesselsGrowth , Angiogenesis Inhibitors therapeutic use , Angiogenesis Inhibitors , therapeutic use , Neovascularization, Pathologic
- ISBN: 1588295141 , 9781588295149
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index Angiogenic diseases Age-related macular degeneration / Curtis L. Hagedorn and Ron A. Adelman Endogenous angiogenic inhibitors in diabetic retinopathy / Jian-Xing Ma and Sarah X. Zhang Corneal angiogenesis / Trevor R. Carmichael Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy / Nahoko Ogata and Kanji Takahashi Myopic choroidal neovascularization / Kyoko Ohno-Matsui and Takashi Tokoro Mechanisms of the formation and stability of retinal blood vessels / Jonathan Stone, Trent Sandercoe, and Jan Provis Neovascular glaucoma / James C. Tsai and M. Bruce Shields Eales' disease / Jyotirmay Biswas Angiogenesis and ocular tumorigenesis / Nader Sheibani and Daniel M. Albert Genetics of ocular vascular disease / Jacquie Greenberg, Ari Ziskind, and Stephen P. Daiger Endogenous promoters and inhibitors of angiogenesis Vascular endothelial growth factor and retinal diseases / Sam Dahr and Karl G. Csaky The role of fibroblast growth factors in ocular angiogenesis / Andreas Bikfalvi and Sophie Javerzat Control of neovascularization and cell survival in the eye by PEDF / Joyce Tombran-Tink and Colin J. Barnstable Thrombospondin: guarding the clear view / Arin Aurora and Olga V. Volpert Regulation of ocular angiogenesis by matrix proteases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases / Bela Anand-Apte Integrins in ocular angiogenesis / Matthew R. Ritter and Martin Friedlander Ocular inflammation and neovascularization / Chi-Chao Chan and Robert B. Nussenblatt Therapeutics and delivery for angiogenic eye diseases Anti-VEGF therapies for diseases of the retina and choroid / Ming Lu and Donald J. D'Amico Anecortave acetate: a novel ocular angiostatic agent / Stella M. Robertson ... [et al.] Gene therapy for neovascular retinopathies / Brian J. Raisler, Kenneth I. Berns, and William W. Hauswirth Noninvasive delivery of DNA into the eye / John M. Nickerson ... [et al.] Novel drug delivery systems for posterior segment ocular disease / Heather Sheardown and W. Mark Saltzman
- URL: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0825/2006000480-d.html http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip066/2006000480.html
- ref_id: 000150195
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Leading academic and pharmaceutical researchers and clinicians from many disciplines synthesize and summarize current clinical and basic knowledge concerning abnormal growth of blood vessels in the eye, the cause of major neovascular eye diseases. The authors also identify and assess the most promising approaches with potential for commercial exploitation and discuss the challenges encountered in developing therapeutics for ocular neovascular diseases. Highlights include illuminating chapters on gene therapy and novel drug delivery systems and excellent summaries of the newest therapeutic approaches. A companion CD contains color versions of important figures used in the book.