Communication and communication disorders :a clinical introduction
- au: Elena Plante, P歋lagie M. Beeson.
- Publish: Boston : Pearson/Allyn and Bacon 2008.
- 出版年: 2008
- ver: 3rd ed
- sb: Communication , Speech-Language Pathology , Communication Disorders
- ISBN: 0205532098 , 0205532098 , 9780205532094 , 9780205532094
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and indexes
- URL: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip0717/2007019129.html
- ref_id: 000144281
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Communication impairment affects individuals across the lifespan. From children who are slow to acquire language skills to adults who suffer from hearing impairment, the needs of people who are afflicted with such disorders vary immensely according to their age, cause, and degree of severity. This book's lifespan perspective on disorders from infancy through geriatrics covers both child and adult communication disorders of hearing, articulation, language, voice, and fluency. This comprehensive resource provides a strong introduction to communication processes and disorders, and is complemented by its focus on clinical illustrations of normal and disordered speech, language, and hearing. The chapters reflect insights gained from first-hand clinical, research, and teaching experiences across a variety of clinical populations. The authors include many clinical anecdotes and case histories that illustrate examples of both normal communication and communication disorders. Speech pathologists, audiologists, language and communication specialists, educators, parents, and families.藩