Users' guides to the medical literature :a manual for evidence-based clinical practice
- au: editors, Gordon Guyatt ... [et al.].
- Publish: McGraw-Hill Medical : New York c2008.
- 出版年: 2008
- ver: 2nd ed
- sb: Clinical medicine , Clinical medicine Handbooks, manuals, etc , Review Literature as Topic , Evidence-based medicine Handbooks, manuals, etc , Evidence-based medicine , Evidence-Based Medicine , Handbooks, manuals, etc , Decision Making
- ISBN: 007159034X , 9780071590341
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index How to use the medical literature and this book to improve your patient care -- The philosophy of evidence-based medicine -- What is the question? -- Finding the evidence -- Why study results mislead: bias and random error -- Therapy -- Does treatment lower risk? Understanding the results -- Confidence intervals -- Advanced topics in the validity of therapy trials -- Hypothesis testing -- Advanced topics in applying the results of therapy trials -- Harm -- Advanced topics in harm -- The process of diagnosis -- Differential diagnosis -- Diagnostic tests -- Advanced topics in diagnosis -- How to critically appraise an article about prognosis -- Summarizing the evidence -- Advanced topics in systematic reviews -- How to use a patient management recommendation -- Advanced topics in moving from evidence to action
- ref_id: 000143705
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
The #1 guide to the principles and clinical applications of evidence-based medicine has just gotten better!No other resource helps you to put key evidence-based medicine protocols into daily clinical practice better than Users' Guides to the Medical Literature.An instant classic in its first edition, this detailed, yet highly readable reference demystifies the statistical, analytical, and clinical principles of evidence-based medicine, giving you a hands-on, practical resource that no other text can match.Here, you'll learn how to distinguish solid medical evidence from poor medical evidence, devise the best search strategies for each clinical question, critically appraise the medical literature, and optimally tailor evidence-based medicine for each patient. The new second edition of this landmark resource is now completely revised and refreshed throughout, with expanded coverage of both basic and advanced issues in using evidence-based medicine in clinical practice.FEATURES