- au: Edward K. Wagner ... [et al.].
- Publish: Malden, MA : Blackwell Pub 2008.
- 出版年: 2008
- ver: 3rd ed
- sb: Virus Replication , virology , Virus Diseases virology , Viruses pathogenicity , Viruses , Virus Diseases , Genome, Viral , pathogenicity
- ISBN: 1405147156 , 1405147156 , 9781405147156 , 9781405147156
- ps: Rev. ed. of: Basic virology / Edward K. Wagner, Martinez J. Hewlett. 2nd ed. 2004 Includes bibliographical references (p. -505) and index Introduction: the impact of viruses on our view of life -- An outline of virus replication and viral pathogenesis -- Virus disease in populations and individual animals -- Patterns of some viral diseases of humans -- Virus structure and classification -- The beginning and end of the virus replication cycle -- Host immune response to viral infection: the nature of the vertebrate immune response -- Strategies to protect against and combat viral infection -- Visualization and enumeration of virus particles -- Replicating and measuring biological activity of viruses -- Physical and chemical manipulation of the structural components of viruses -- Characterization of viral products expressed in the infected cell -- Viruses use cellular processes to express their genetic information -- Replication of positive-sense RNA viruses -- Replication strategies of RNA viruses requiring RNA-directed mRNA transcription as the first step in viral gene expression -- Replication strategies of small and medium-sized DNA viruses -- Replication of some nuclear-replicating eukaryotic DNA viruses with large genomes -- Replication of cytoplasmic DNA viruses and "large" bacteriophages -- Retroviruses: converting RNA to DNA -- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) and related lentiviruses -- Hepadnaviruses: variations on the retrovirus theme -- The molecular genetics of viruses -- Molecular pathogenesis -- Viral bioinformatics and beyond -- Viruses and the future: problems and promises
- ref_id: 000136286
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Ideal for the student seeking a solid understanding of the basic principles in this rapidly developing field, this best-selling text offers a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of virology. Featuring an enhanced art program now in full-color, the new edition has been updated throughout. New edition incorporates additional reading suggestions, expanded review questions, chapter outlines and full-colour artwork Contains new chapters dealing with viruses and cancer, generation and use of recombinant viruses and virus-like particles, viral evolution, network biology and viruses, and animal models and transgenics, as well as a chapter devoted to HIV and AIDS Downloadable artwork, original animations and online resources are available at www.blackwellpublishing.com/wagner