Clinical manual of psychiatry and law
- au: by Robert I. Simon, Daniel W. Shuman.
- Publish: Washington, DC : American Psychiatric Pub c2007.
- 出版年: 2007
- ver: 1st ed
- sb: legislation & jurisprudence , Liability, Legal United States , Patient Rights , Liability, Legal , Patient Rights United States , Psychiatry legislation & jurisprudence -- United States , Psychiatry , Professional-Patient Relations , Professional-Patient Relations United States
- ISBN: 1585622494 , 1585622494 , 9781585622498 , 9781585622498
- ps: Includes bibliographical references (p. 229-130) and index
- ref_id: 000132737
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Simon (psychiatry and law, Georgetown U.) and Shuman (law, Southern Methodist U.) work as a team to help clinicians and legal professionals dealing with issues of psychiatry understand how clinical interventions partner with applicable legal requirements to produce competent patient care. They begin with an overview of the law and the clinical management of legal issues, then describe the relationship between doctor and patient, including confidentiality and testimonial privilege, informed consent and the right to refuse treatment, tort liability, seclusion, restraint, involuntary hospitalization, the suicidal patient, psychiatric responsibility and the violent patient, and maintaining treatment boundaries. In each topic they give an overview of the law, clinical management of legal issues, references, legal references and case law, as well as appendices with suggested readings and a glossary. Annotation 穢2007 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)