From genes to genomes =concepts and applications of DNA technology
- au: Jeremy W. Dale and Malcolm von Schantz.
- Publish: Chichester, West Sussex : John Wiley & Sons c2007.
- 出版年: 2007
- ver: 2nd ed
- sb: DNA, Recombinant , Cloning, Molecular , Genetic Engineering , Genome
- ISBN: 0470017341 , 9780470017340
- ps: Includes bibliographical references (p. -374) and index Basic molecular biology -- How to clone a gene -- Cutting and joining DNA -- Vectors -- Genomic and cDNA libraries -- Finding the right clone -- Polymerase chain reaction -- Characterization of a cloned gene -- Analysis of gene expression -- Products from native and manipulated cloned genes -- Genomic analysis -- Analysis of genetic variation -- Post-genomic analysis -- Modifying organisms; transgenics
- ref_id: 000131863
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
The book opens with a brief review of the basic concepts of molecular biology, before moving on to describe the key molecular methods and how they fit together. This ranges from the cloning and study of individual genes to the sequencing of whole genomes, and the analysis of genome-wide information. Finally, the book moves on to consider some of the applications of these techniques, in biotechnology, medicine and agriculture, as well as in research that is causing the current explosion of knowledge across the biological sciences. From Genes to Genomes: Concepts and Applications of DNA Technology, Second Edition includes full two-colour design throughout and an accompanying website. Specific changes for the new edition include: This textbook is must-have for all undergraduates studying intermediate molecular genetics within the biological and biomedical sciences. It is also of interest for researchers and all those needing to update their knowledge of this rapidly moving field. From the reviews of the first edition: "This monograph is excellently organized…. an outstanding addition to the library of an undergraduate or graduate student and a useful aid for the libraries of mentors of undergraduate studies.” BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR EDUCATION "...this lucid book provides very nice descriptions of many of the modern methods in molecular biology.." ASM NEWS��