Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone
- au: by J.K. Rowling ; illustrations by Mary GrandPre.
- Publish: New York : Scholastic Inc c1997.
- 出版年: 1997
- sb: England , Juvenile fiction , Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Imaginary place) , Schools Juvenile fiction , Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Imaginary place) Juvenile fiction , Wizards , Magic Juvenile fiction , Schools , Magic , England Juvenile fiction , Wizards Juvenile fiction
- ISBN: 059035342X , 9780590353427
- ps: Sequel: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets "Year 1"--Spine
- ab: Summary:Rescued from the outrageous neglect of his aunt and uncle, a young boy with a great destiny proves his worth while attending Hogwarts School for Wizards and Witches
- ref_id: 000127355
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Harry Potter has never been the star of a Quidditch team, scoring points while riding a broom far above the ground. He knows no spells, has never helped to hatch a dragon, and has never worn a cloak of invisibility.
All he knows is a miserable life with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable son, Dudley - a great big swollen spoiled bully. Harry's room is a tiny closet at the foot of the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in eleven years.
But all that is about to change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an invitation to an incredible place that Harry - and anyone who reads about him - will find unforgettable.
For it's there that he finds not only friends, aerial sports, and magic in everything from classes to meals, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him... if Harry can survive the encounter.