Manual of voice treatment :pediatrics through geriatrics
- au: Moya L. Andrews.
- Publish: Clifton Park, NY : Thomson Delmar Learning c2006.
- 出版年: 2006
- ver: 3rd ed
- cu: Clinical
- sb: Voice Disorders , Voice Disorders therapy -- Handbooks , therapyHandbooks , TreatmentHandbooks, manuals, etc , Voice disorders Handbooks, manuals, etc , Voice Disorders diagnosis -- Handbooks , Voice disorders , Voice disorders Treatment -- Handbooks, manuals, etc , diagnosisHandbooks , Handbooks, manuals, etc
- ISBN: 1418009571 , 1418009571 , 9781418009571 , 9781418009571
- ps: Includes bibliographical references (p. 669-724) and index Anatomy and physiology Assessment Approaches to intervention Pediatric disorders and their treatment Adult disorders and their treatment Neurologic and geriatric disorders and their treatment Communication after laryngectomy and tracheotomy Sex, gender, and effects on voice Psychosocial dynamics and counseling
- URL: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip065/2005037320.html
- ref_id: 000126776
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
This book is a comprehensive, practical resource for providing voice therapy to clients across the life span. Descriptions of common voice disorders in both pediatric and adult populations are given, and several general approaches and specific techniques for voice therapy are covered. Specific activities are provided on worksheets which can serve as templates for therapy materials and can be edited to serve individual client needs. It differs from the competition, in that it speaks to the important psychosocial aspects of voice problems, focusing on 1) psychology and voice, 2) gender and voice, 3) child voice, and 4) serving professional voice users, in greater depth than most other major texts on voice therapy (which tend to focus heavily on the medical model and the physiological approach). With a free CD-ROM containing clinically relevant materials such as handouts and forms, as well as color photos and a list of internet resources, this is an excellent clinical and instructional tool.