The American Psychiatric Publishing textbook of suicide assessment and management
- au: edited by Robert I. Simon, Robert E. Hales.
- Publish: Washington, DC : American Psychiatric Pub c2006.
- 出版年: 2006
- ver: 1st ed
- sb: Risk Assessment methods , Suicide , psychology , Risk Assessment , Suicide psychology , complications , prevention & control , Mental Disorders complications , Mental Disorders , Suicide prevention & control , methods
- ISBN: 1585622133 , 9781585622139
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index
- ref_id: 000115466
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
For mental health practitioners, Simon (psychiatry, Georgetown U. School of Medicine) and Hales (psychiatry and behavioral sciences, U. of California, Davis School of Medicine) bring together 28 chapters on the management and assessment of suicide, assessment principles, and special populations, such as children and adolescents, the elderly, and prison and jail populations. Subsequent chapters discuss gender, social, cultural, and demographic differences; psychopharmacological, psychodynamic, and split treatments; risk; major mental disorders associated with suicide; treatment settings; patient safety; and the aftermath. Other topics addressed are murder-suicide, legal perspectives, and malpractice. Each chapter contains clinical cases. The appendix contains the APA Practice Guideline for the Assessment and Treatment of Patients with Suicidal Behaviors. Contributors are mostly in the fields of psychiatry and neuroscience and are from the US. Annotation 穢2006 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)