Principles of exercise testing and interpretation :including pathophysiology and clinical applications
- au: Karlman Wasserman ... [et al.].
- Publish: Philadelphia : Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2004.
- 出版年: 2004
- ver: 4th ed
- sb: Exertion , Exercise tests , Exercise Test , Heart function tests , Exertion physiology , Pulmonary function tests , physiology
- ISBN: 0781748763 , 9780781748766
- ps: Rev. ed. of: Principles of exercise testing & interpretation. 3rd ed. c1999 Includes bibliographical references and index
- ref_id: 000111780
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Thoroughly updated in its Fourth Edition, this exceptional resource is the most comprehensive, current text on the physiology and pathophysiology of exercise testing available. It is the only reference to address those disorders that can be diagnosed only through cardiopulmonary exercise testing.Readers will find...Comprehensive presentation addressing cardiovascular, metabolic, and respiratory responses to exercise—in both health and disease states.Principles and rationale behind exercise testing, commonly used testing protocols, guidelines for normal and abnormal values, and tips for accurate interpretation of test results.Normal test values for a range of patient groups—including children, over- and underweight patients, and the elderly.More than 80 case histories, each accompanied by exercise physiology results, highlight differential diagnosis by applying basic physiological concepts to real-world examples.Coverage of disorders that can be diagnosed only through cardiopulmonary exercise testing.NEW to the Fourth Edition...New chapter covering regulation of arterial and mixed venous blood gasesNew nine-panel graphic array illustrating critical aspects of exercise testingUpdated flow charts to help with clinical interpretation and differential diagnosis