Therapeutic modalities in rehabilitation
- au: [edited by] William E. Prentice ; with case studies and lab activities contributed by William S. Quillen, Frank Underwood.
- Publish: New York : McGraw-Hill, Medical Pub. Division c2005.
- 出版年: 2005
- ver: 3rd ed
- sb: Rehabilitation methods , Rehabilitation , Physical Therapy Modalities , methods
- ISBN: 0071441239 , 9780071441230
- ps: Rev. ed. of: Therapeutic modalities for physical therapists / William E. Prentice. 2nd ed. c2002 Includes bibliographical references and index
- ref_id: 000109333
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
'Comprehensive Coverage of Therapeutic Modalities Used in a Clinical SettingTherapeutic Modalities in Rehabilitation is a theoretically based but practically oriented guide to the use of therapeutic modalities for practicing clinicians and their students. It clearly presents the basis for use of each different type of modality and allows clinicians to make their own decision as to which will be the most effective in a given situation. Presented in full color, the text describes various concepts, principles, and theories that are supported by scientific research, factual evidence, and experience of the authors in dealing with various conditions. The chapters in this text are divided into six parts:Part I--Foundations of Therapeutic Modalities begins with a chapter that discusses the scientific basis for using therapeutic modalities and classifies the modalities according to the type of energy each uses.. Guidelines for selecting the most appropriate modalities for use in different phases of the healing process are presented. Part II--Electrical Energy Modalities includes detailed discussions of the principles of electricity, and electrical stimulating currents, iontophoresis, and biofeedback.